Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
Ultrasonic Testing or Ultrasonic Inspection as conventionally called as UT testing is one of the most widely used Non-destructive testing NDT method to find internal flaws using Ultrasonic waves to inspect Ingots, Castings, forgings, rolled plates, sheets, bars, rods, weld joints, shafts, gears, and other engineering components in cast, forged, machined condition, during manufacturing and in-service inspections. Ultrasonic thickness testing is also used for measuring remaining wall thickness using Ultrasonic principle.
- Ultrasonic Testing services for raw materials, rolled products, casting, forging and welding.
- Contact testing carried out at client locations and at sites.
- Immersion testing of smaller thickness components and larger parts with complex shape.
- Ultrasonic thickness measurement services at ambient temperatures and elevated temperatures.
- Ultrasonic Testing of Fabrication/Welded joint inspection.
- Ultrasonic Testing of Structural joints and pipe joints as per AWS D1.1.
- All UT jobs are carried out using procedures approved by ASNT NDT Level III.
Magnetic Particle Testing (MPT)
Magnetic Particle Testing or Magnetic particle Inspection as conventionally called as Crack Detection, Magnetic flux testing, MPT or MPI testing is one of the most widely used Non-destructive testing NDT method to find surface and subsurface flaws using Magnetic flux leakage principle.
- MPI crack detection for using Head shot and Coil shot.
- MPI available with visible wet particles and Fluorescent wet particles.
- Stationary Equipment unit with maximum current rating up to 6000Amperes meets the requirements of ASTM E709 and ASTM E1444
- Portable Prod and Yoke Equipment’s up to 2000Amperes are used for testing of raw materials and welds in sites.
Liquid Penetrant Testing (LPT)
Liquid Penetrant Testing is also wide known as Penetrant testing or Dye Penetrant inspection is one of the most widely used NDT method for inspecting components and materials for critical surface opened flaws. In general, this is one of the prominent NDE methods used for inspection of Weld Joints, Castings, Forgings, in-service inspection of mechanical components at very economical cost.
- Both visible red dye penetrant and fluorescent penetrant inspections at client locations as well as at our lab
- Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection is available at our lab both aerosols can and tank type facility meeting the requirements of ASTM E165/E1417.
Radiography Testing (RT)
RT involves the use of penetrating gamma- or X-radiation to examine materials and product's defects and internal features. An X-ray machine or radioactive isotope is used as a source of radiation. Radiation is directed through a part and onto film or other media. The resulting shadowgraph shows the internal features and soundness of the part. Material thickness and density changes are indicated as lighter or darker areas on the film. The darker areas in the radiograph below represent internal voids in the component.
- Radiographic Testing by using Iridium-192 Gamma Ray and Portable X-Ray machines.
- Jobs carried out by BARC Certified NDT Level-I and Level-II Technicians.
- All radiographic procedures reviewed and approved by ASNT NDT Level 3.
- Highly accurate, exact interpretation and evaluation of radiographs
Visual Testing (VT)
Visual Testing is perhaps the oldest and most widely used inspection technique. Often the eyes of the inspector are the only “equipment “used for the inspection. VT is applicable to virtually any material, at any stage of manufacture, at any point in its service life. To perform a successful direct visual examination, adequate lighting and good inspector eyesight is required. If access to specific areas of the test article is limited, borescopes, fiberscopes, videoscopes, can be used to perform remote VT method.